exhaust info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust info

Need a new exhaust and was wondering on the dimensions of headers/collectors and pipe o/d and stuff like that to suit a warm GS1000s. Dont need name of systems just general info to see what makes a good 4 into 1 exhaust. Or where there is some measurements on a good system. The one i have now is 27 yrs old and a full race pipe and rust is starting to show thru on the headers. Dont need info on your average $200 exhaust need good info. Just technogly must have inproved in the last 3 decades

?

No one not anyone?

Comment

I don't believe there are really any technological advances to speak of. The pipes you see now-a-days are the same ones that have been selling for years.

Yours looks very nice with the bike. Could you just steel wool the rust spots and re-paint with high-temp paint?

Comment

I agree, technology has not changed much over the years. Physics remain the same, so what worked back then will still work today. The only differece would be routing. Somebody thought the pipes would look/work better over there, so the moved them there and gave the set another brand name.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
          I don't believe there are really any technological advances to speak of. The pipes you see now-a-days are the same ones that have been selling for years.

Yours looks very nice with the bike. Could you just steel wool the rust spots and re-paint with high-temp paint?
          Sorry but the rust spots are holes not surface rust. Need a bit more than steel wool.

Comment

Could you not find a local exhaust manufactuer to make you a copy of yours in stainless?

Suzuki mad

Comment

Working...
            X