Mechanic in MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanic in MD

I bought sometime ago a 81' GS 650G. Due to money issues I haven't been able to work on her but things are looking up. When I bought her back in Nov. 06 the old owner advised me to get the carbs cleaned. I'm pretty much a novice mechanic that can do some minor work and tuning up. But cleaning the carb's out might be a bit to tedious for me. So if anyone knows or can recomend somebody to me so I can get her on the road for this summer that would be awesome. She's been sitting in my parking lot for a couple of months and I haven't tried to start her. I mean I ran her a couple of months ago and she ran but didn't idle well. She kept dying on me but I was able to run her for a bit. In any event I want to take her to someone with some real know how and then after that i'll keep her is tip top shape. Love this bike man it's cool as $H!T

Originally posted by Pepatone View Post
    I bought sometime ago a 81' GS 650G. Due to money issues I haven't been able to work on her but things are looking up. When I bought her back in Nov. 06 the old owner advised me to get the carbs cleaned. I'm pretty much a novice mechanic that can do some minor work and tuning up. But cleaning the carbs out might be a bit to tedious for me. So if anyone knows or can recommend somebody to me so I can get her on the road for this summer that would be awesome. She's been sitting in my parking lot for a couple of months and I haven't tried to start her. I mean I ran her a couple of months ago and she ran but didn't idle well. She kept dying on me but I was able to run her for a bit. In any event I want to take her to someone with some real know how and then after that i'll keep her is tip top shape. Love this bike man it's cool as $H!T
    Pepatone, call Kevin Pohl, owner of TriState Motorcycle Service in beautiful downtown Funkstown, MD, (near Hagerstown). 301-797-8130. Kevin has been servicing my Suzukis since 1992. Good guy, knows what he's doing, not cheap but not a gouger either.

There's also a guy named Chuck who has a shop out of his house near Myersville. 301-293-1720. Good guy too.

Comment

Thanks Grandpa. I'll make sure and call them.

Comment

I'll second that. I lived in Hagerstown from 1984 till 1998 and took one of my bikes to Tri State for some work. When I got it back it ran like a raped-ape. He is the best. And his reputation says so too.

Rj

Comment

Working...
        X