1 cylinder not firing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 cylinder not firing???

The second cylinder in from the left is not firing? There is spark getting to it because when I touch the cap I get ZAPPED:shock: . I could tell because the exhaust pipe was not hot. I road the bike down the street and it seamd to run fine. Any ideas or help please.

Check the vacuum line that runs from the petcock to carb #2 for fuel in the line. You may have a bad diaphram in the petcock letting extra fuel into #2 and flooding things out.

Comment

Also lack of carb sync can cause a cooler pipe.

Comment

Your "zap" proves nothing. The plug itself may be bad. Without going into all the possiblities: Until you visually verify spark on that plug you just don't know for sure that it is firing.
        The other advice about the vacuum line sucking fuel is also a common problem.
        Then there's a whole host of other possibilities. A couple are:
        1. Carb issues (floats, jets, blah, blah, blah...)
        2. Low compression on that cylinder

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks View Post
          Check the vacuum line that runs from the petcock to carb #2 for fuel in the line. You may have a bad diaphram in the petcock letting extra fuel into #2 and flooding things out.
          I believe that my petcock is bad. I only have two lines off of it. One comes off of the petcock and reattaches to something on the under side of the tank and the other is the main line, i guess. I do have a line into the 2nd carb but it is not attached to anything. I can't figure where it attaches to.

Comment

Well, that is a mess. The vent on the tank is hooked up to the petcock where the vacuum line belongs. The vent on the tank should just have a hose running down between the swingarm and the back of the tranny. With the vacuum line unhooked from number two you have a huge vacuum leak screwing up the mixture. Hook up a piece of line where the Vacuum line is supposed to be hooked up and suck on the line to see if the petcock holds vacuum.
            Last edited by Guest; 05-25-2007, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X