Please ID these magneto covers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please ID these magneto covers....

So I bought a new magneto cover from bike bandit for my 78 gs1000ec. It was very expensive but I needed a nice replacement since mine was all road rashed up. It arrived black in color which was a little strange since I know the stock aluminum unit had no paint on it. They looked very similar so when I went to install it, I discovered that they have slightly different bolt hole patterns...I cant return it now but I need to know what happened. So here they are. The red circle is on the new part I purchased. You can see that there is an extra flange on that side. They are no doubt both from a gs but what years and models? Is it possible my engine isnt the original 78? Please help I need to get the right one.

I don't remember black GS engines pre 1983. I'm positive the GS 1000's were not black. I had a "78" Standard, spoke wheel model, a "79" 1000 "S", Both an "80" GS 1000 "E" & "G", none black. Sorry, don't know what you have, The "83" 1100 "E"'s were black
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukfan78 View Post
      So I bought a new magneto cover from bike bandit for my 78 gs1000ec. It was very expensive but I needed a nice replacement since mine was all road rashed up. It arrived black in color which was a little strange since I know the stock aluminum unit had no paint on it. They looked very similar so when I went to install it, I discovered that they have slightly different bolt hole patterns...I cant return it now but I need to know what happened. So here they are. The red circle is on the new part I purchased. You can see that there is an extra flange on that side. They are no doubt both from a gs but what years and models? Is it possible my engine isnt the original 78? Please help I need to get the right one.
      You purchased an 1100E cover.
      Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
      "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
      1982 GS1100E
      1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Reordering now...

OK...I hope your right. Ive placed a new order for the same 78 gs1000ec LH crankcase cover (magneto cover) bikebandit part. hopfully they send me the correct part now. If not at least I can return the next one. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
        X