Carb Sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carb Sizes

I picked up an extra set of carbs this weekend as a spare set. When i got to checking them out i noticed some numbers imprinted on the butterfly's. The carbs that came with my 81 550L say 140 on the butterfly's, the carbs i got (supposedly off of a 80 550E) say 120. I didnt think this actually mattered, but wanted to verify with you guys if there was a difference, or are they just numbers.

TIA, stephen

LOOK HERE AND COMPARE

78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Checked my carbs again and i was mistaken. The 550E carbs say 125 the 550L carbs say 140.

As for that link, i checked against it and it shows from the early 80's era that all 550 carbs were the same.

I just wanted to ask and see if one was actually smaller, or if the numbers may just be pointless.

Comment

The Numbers Are Pointless Just Make Sure The Carb Bodies Are The Same, Measure Both Opening To Compare, Then Also Compare All Internals To The Stuff In The Carb Post To See What You Have.

The Engine Side Of The Carb Opening Will Be The Body Type (ie Opening Is 32mm Then Its A Bs32) You Will Find Many Different Bikes Used The Same Bodies But Had Different Internals Thats Where The List Helps. So You Can Zero In On What You Have And What You Need.
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Thanks for the help man. I'll grab a set of inside calipers and measure up.

Comment

Working...
          X