Fabricating a baffle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabricating a baffle?

The Vance & Hines 4-1 Megaphone that came on my GS750EX was missing the baffle when I got it. I don't really mind a loud bike, but since I'm living in an apartment the neighbors might. So, what is the cheapest replacement baffle available, and how hard would it be to fabricate one? Anyone got one laying around that they could take a pic of? Not wanting to completely silence the beast, but a muted roar and enough backpressure to make the Stage 3 jet kit happy would be nice.

I have no idea what the baffle is even supposed to look like on a megaphone, I'm used to cruiser-style exhausts. The V&H website lists a replacement baffle, but no one has a pic of it. I'm planning on following the "baffle packing on the cheap" topic and using stainless steel wool. So if anyone has a pic they can post, or even better a spare baffle lying around they would part with, I'd appreciate it.

whare did you buy the vh at? send it back or tell them there was no baffle... they should send you one... unless you bought it privately and there just isnt one....

Comment

Yours is the second one from the left.

Comment

They can be fabricated, but for $40, no aggrivation finding & fabricating anything, perfect fit, looks like it should. If money's tight, go mow a yard for the $40, you won't spend near as much time as making a decent baffel.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
        X