Light on when I lock it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light on when I lock it

Last night I rode into the city. Well I used the key to lock the bars and did not notice till I was leaving (actully a rider on a Victory parked next to me noticed) that either my brake light or running light was on. I did find that if I turn the key to the left the light does not come on but locking it to the right it does, any idea's why this would happen I cant think of a reason why you would want this to happen. Just curious?

1983 750ES

Pat

One way you lock it is just for at a parking lot or something, where there is no light needed (i think to the left). But the otherway keeps the back light on incase you get stranded on the highway at night and want people not to hit your bike, while you run to the nearest gas station. Or any other time you want people to see you.. (to the right past on)..
    Nick

Comment

What you noticed is normal. What is bad about that is that the position to the right is labeled "PARK", like that is where you want it when you park the bike.

The only good reason I have found for the PARK position is to accidentaly test the battery life. Problem is, you are seldom around to note when it died to record the time. 8-[

Best to just use the LEFT or LOCK position when you leave the bike.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks guys.
        I dont have the ring around the key slot any more thats when I came up w/ my handel :shock: I also learned to carry an extra key[-o< on that leason as well

Comment

Working...
        X