Need a good source to buy the following

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a good source to buy the following

Any good source to find good replacement drilled/vented rotors out there for a '77 GS 750 with dual front discs?? Or hell, even replacement ones at all??

Also, whats the final verdict on replacing the fact. airbox with cone type filters? Any suggestions on brands of cone filters and carb. re-jet settings?

Lastly, best brands and sources for new fork seals, caliper rebuild kits and spoke kits to re-lace the wheels.

Thanks for the help all!

Don't know where you are, you must have been ashamed to put it in your profile, but in the U.S.A. the "77" GS 750 didn't come with dual front brakes. K&N pod filters probably have the best reputation. Some people believe in O.E.M. but personally I haven't had any problems with any fork seals nor brake kits, one's as good as the other
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I'm in the process of changing my single disc 77 to a dual. I have everything off a 79 750 dual that I need but before I ride on the highway on equipment that I bought second hand I'm going to rebuild the calipers, do braided lines, replace the fork seals...etc.. Since I'm doing it I'd love to toss on a new set of rotors and pads too, and re laced the wheel after polishing the whole front end.

The problem I have is yes, I'm new to the GS world and some of the places I found the rebuild stuff I need I've heard have bad reps. on the this site. So where do you guys buy this stuff? My local shop didn't even have the rotors to order.

I'm in San Diego if it helps at all.

Adam

Comment

You need to look up the individual parts on the fich check for part #s
        Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Also www.bikeBandit.com has OEM parts I believe it is in SD
        Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2007, 04:54 AM.

Comment

I don't think there are OEM rotors that will work for what you're doing. I think you'll find the drilled OEM rotors are a smaller diameter than the solid OEM disc (rotors). Try EBC, they have a lot of brake stuff for a lot of applications. Possibly have a machine shop drill what you have. My drill won't do it, but the machine shop may have a drill hard enough. Where you are, makes a difference. No dual disc in "1977" in Cal. but Japan or Ethiopia, I wouldn't have a clue what they had, but I'm sure it was different from here in the U.S.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

i have 80 gs 750 i've had good prices and service from ,z1 enterprises and bike bandit

Comment

Does the spoked wheel have the bolt holes on both sides?
              I have been pleased with my EBC pads that I got from Bike Bandit.
              Paragon Performance has premade SS brake line kits for certain Suzuki models and can also make custom lines.
              EBC also makes rotors, but not sure if they make your size.
              Fork seals are easy. I suggest getting Progressive fork springs while you are in there if you haven't already got them.
              Couldn't find anything on spokes, sorry.
              Best of luck; hope this helps.

Comment

Buchanan Spokes is THE place - they'll hook you up with what you need.

Comment

Working...
                X