'81 GS750EX Seat, what gives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'81 GS750EX Seat, what gives?

According to the schematics on bikebandit.com, the latch for the seat is on the side. My seat latch/lock is located on the top of the tail section. I had assumed that the tail section was stock, but the seat that came with the bike wasn't the original seat and the pan was rusted to pieces anyway.

Since I bought a seat latch off of ebay for an '81 GS750E and it bolted right up, it looks like bikebandit is wrong, but I wanted to make sure. Also, will the seat from an '80 fit my '81? I've heard that the '80-82 GS750E and GS1100E seats are all the same, is this true?

Any way you look at it, I still need a seat, or at least a seat pan.

seats

The seats on a 1980-81 GS 1100E and 750E are the same only the grab bar is shaped a little differently.The 1982 750E is also the same pan but does not have the grab bar but the holes are in the pan to bolt the grab bar on.The 1982 GS1100E has a totally different seat.

Comment

The 1983 ES seats are also different for the 750 and 1100 even though they have a plastic seat base.

Suzuki mad.

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
        According to the schematics on bikebandit.com, the latch for the seat is on the side. My seat latch/lock is located on the top of the tail section. I had assumed that the tail section was stock,

Since I bought a seat latch off of ebay for an '81 GS750E and it bolted right up, it looks like bikebandit is wrong, but I wanted to make sure.

Here is the schmatic I got off Bike Bandit and it shows "my stock 81 setup with the lock in the rear". I also have the 750EX. Maybe you looked at a different model? BTW the flimsy pot metal hook will break anyhow - I just live with it.

Comment

I looked at the schematic for "seat", not "tail section". On the seat schematic, it shows the lock on the side. At first I thought it was the helmet lock, but it was listed as "latch, seat".

Thanks for the update, it helps.

Comment

Working...
          X