Difference between GS1000E brake lines and GS1100E/X lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between GS1000E brake lines and GS1100E/X lines

I want to get new braided steel lines for my 1978 GS1000EC. The place I want to get them from has kits for the 78 GS1100E and the 80-81 GS1100E/X. What is the difference between th all three bikes' brake lines, if any?

Thanks,
    Jay

GS1100 may have the anti-drive brake lines included, two extra lines that run from the caliper to the anti-dive unit.

~Adam

Comment

80-81 GS1100 doesn't have the anti dive. I would suspect the big difference would be the length of the lines due to differences in body.

Comment

Well, since there is no '78 GS1100E, you should make sure the salesman knows how to read his own catalog. Ask him to double check.

Comment

Brake Lines

Jay, call Paragon Performance talk to Alex, if you take all the old ones off and send them to them they will duplicate the originals perfectly. The best thing is these people are very reasonably priced and they get the job done quick with exceptional quality. They made mine for my 1100 and everything was done perfectly. Stainless braided lines are the only way to go.

Comment

Paragon is the place I was looking at. They have the listing for the 78 GS1100E - I wonder if it's a typo? I emailed Alex and he said he didn't have the configuration for my bike...strange. I'll give him a call this evening. I called them years ago and talked to the secretary for about half an hour - they seem like very nice people. I got my brother a set of lines from them for a Christmas present - VERY impressed with them.

Thanks folks!

Oh yeah, I'd rather not take them off the bike and send 'em out because I'm riding it almost every day. What is their turnaround if you do send them out?

Comment

Working...
            X