mefast.com rectifier/regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mefast.com rectifier/regulator

I have to change my regulator on my GS550 and my GS850. I found that "generic" regulator at mefast.com but not a lot of information about it. Does someone experience such rectifier for GS? I read on old thread here that any regulator wit 5 wires will do the job on our GS - is it ok?

Thanks
    Michel

need more info from them. i sent them an email as i'm interested too. we'll see what happens

Comment

If it can handle 12 volts & 75-80AC output at the stator I don't see why not.

The stock ones have a live, ground & three stator wires only from memory.

Extra 15 bucks will get you one from Jeff at Z1 from memory.

Dan
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

talked with them direct today. could not get any technical info on that part. all the owner could tell me was he THOUGHT the part was used with a magneto system. extra wires were for feeding lights he THOUGHT. told me he would sell me the part for half price and let me figure it out from there. turned the offer down.

Comment

Wow! Talk about knowledgable customer service.:?
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I betcha that sucker woulda worked. Has the right look at least. ;-)

Comment

Where's the ground wire?
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Might ground out through it's casing or it's just one of the bundle I guess.....

Dan
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

problem was no info on what each wire goes to. he looked for me. you would have to know which chinese bike it fits and hope info was available. he couldn't even tell me who made it, just that it was chinese made.

Comment

It would probably work fine for about a week, and then the back of it would melt out into a molten puddle of goo...

:shock:

Comment

<Homer>Mmmm, goo...</Homer>

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Harrop View Post
                        It would probably work fine for about a week, and then the back of it would melt out into a molten puddle of goo...

:shock:
                        One week? Worth every penny.\\/

Comment

If you want to be the test pilot for the unit, you could buy one and use the test grid in the stator papers to verify which wires were the field wires and which were output and ground.

The nice thing about fiddling with this is that you will be able to get home even after it melts into that puddle of goo...
                          Mark Fisher
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X