proper jet size for VM26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

proper jet size for VM26

WANTING TO SEE IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME A AROUND ABOUT SIZE FOR JETTING IN THE VM26 MIKUNI CARBS( GS1000) TO USE POD FILTERS AND 4 INTO 1. I AM IN CENTRAL OHIO WHICH IS ABOUT 500 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL.
    THERE HASN'T BEEN ANY OTHER INTERNAL MODIFICATIONS DONE YET.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE, CHRIS

Try it without jet modification. Since you have not changed your exhaust it may be fine. Read your plugs. What color where your plugs before you changed to pods???

Comment

Usually about 2 sizes larger jets and raising the needle one clip will be a good place to start. This has worked for me on a 85 gs750. The mods you have done lean out the bike hence the need for more fuel.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by nasty
        Usually about 2 sizes larger jets and raising the needle one clip will be a good place to start. This has worked for me on a 85 gs750. The mods you have done lean out the bike hence the need for more fuel.

Paul
        I will soon have to get new glasses--sorry

Comment

Re: proper jet size for VM26

Originally posted by gs1000dude
          WANTING TO SEE IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME A AROUND ABOUT SIZE FOR JETTING IN THE VM26 MIKUNI CARBS( GS1000) TO USE POD FILTERS AND 4 INTO 1. I AM IN CENTRAL OHIO WHICH IS ABOUT 500 FT ABOVE SEA LEVEL.
          THERE HASN'T BEEN ANY OTHER INTERNAL MODIFICATIONS DONE YET.
          THANKS IN ADVANCE, CHRIS
          Hi. I have similar mod's,Vance&Hines 4-1,K&N ovals. I did not use Mikuni jets. I bought a Dynojet kit part # 3304 ($125). IF you use this kit and
          same pipe/filters I can recommend these settings:Stock pilot jet #15,side air-screws 2 1/2 out, pilot screws (underneath) 1 1/2 out, remove float bowl vent tubes, needle clip in #4 notch down with a spacer on top the clip,
          #142 main jet. If it's a bit too rich,then put the clip in #3 notch with NO spacer. I have a lot of trial and error learning with the GS1000 and I hope to save you from the same fun experience,like having your tank off and carbs apart a 1/2 dozen times!
          But ONLY if you go with the Dynojet, www.dynojet.com and have the same pipe/filters,or very similar. If you try this,let me know how it went. KK.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Hey Keith, he's yelling at you! :twisted:

Comment

vm26 jetting

Here is my two cents worth. I live about 3800 feet above sea level here in Calgary Alberta and my gs1000 has the same pod's and pipe's and the #26 carb's. Thru trial and error I have got 102.5 size mikuni jet's in my bike and it run's fine. The bike is a stock 78 Gs1000. I think I could maybe go a bit bigger on jet size, but ran out of good weather up here for testing. As jet's are cheap to buy and you are close to sea level air pressure maybe start at 105's +/- Good luck
              Keith Winter Calgary Alberta
              Canada

Comment

Well i would like to say thanks to everyone for the responses. I couldn't tell you all how many times i had the carbs apart last year for multiple cleanings, i will probably need to do it again as i didn't drain them before my battery went dead and my kreem system started peeling. So i need to get that out and either order jets or the jet kit mentioned earlier . Who is the best get these from?? Schnitz? Sudco?
                Thanks, Chris

ps....don't use the kreem system! I thought i was careful about the install but i guess not.

Comment

Working...
                X