On road Off road tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On road Off road tyres

Has anyone tried the tires you can use on road(80% of time) and off (20%) on a GS ?

I use Michelin Anakees on my V strom and they offer an unbelievable amount of grip on the road.

They are pretty much street tires with deep tread blocks, so there is no real reason why they won't work for you.

Comment

Which tires (sorry, tyres) were you considering, specifically?

I really want to try a set of these Kenda K761 tires on a GS850G sometime just to see how much sick fun I can have on gravel roads. The reports on them from the KLR650 people are quite good.

Last edited by bwringer; 06-07-2007, 02:12 PM.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I have bought an Avon Gripster 110/80/18 for the rear.
        Got it for about £25 including postage . Avon now do a Distanzia. (www.manp.co.uk)

Thinking of maybe a Bridgestone trail wing for the front.

I do a few motorcycle rally's which are held on farmers fields. This way I could get on and off without dropping the bike

Comment

I'm using Pirrelli Scorpions on my 850. Just completed a 4,175 mile round trip on them, they're awesome!!! 90% on road, 10% off road rated, desert sand roads, gravel washboard roads, hot desert pavement (109 deg F), and massive hailstorm downpours (4" of "stuff" on the road), they handle great!!!!!!:-D If I had a new Dunlop on the rear when I started my trip it'd be half worn out now, these tires have a long way to go yet, I should get at least 15k miles out of the rear at this rate. I paid $190.00 USD, and they've been worth every penny!:-D

Comment

Working...
          X