guys with pod filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guys with pod filters

hey guys i was wondering what size pods i need? 80 750E.... the carb intake measures OD right at 2" which is 51mm. should i get the 52mm or 54mm pods? thanks a lot guys!!!

My question would be...if it measures 51mm, why would you use the 54s?
    Sounds like the 52s are the ones you want. 8-[

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

If you go that way you will need a jet kit, the jet kit is made to be used with K&N filters. It's still a trial & error job

Comment

would the 54's fit? i know they would be a little loose, but can they be tightened down to fit the 52mm carb? just wondering if anyone has tried it yet....

Comment

Don't mean to hijack, but my question is pod filter related. You guys running pod filters, do you have to add a support to the rear of your carbs when you eliminate the factory air box?

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
            would the 54's fit? i know they would be a little loose, but can they be tightened down to fit the 52mm carb? just wondering if anyone has tried it yet....

Go with the 52mm pods.

Comment

Originally posted by JATO View Post
              Don't mean to hijack, but my question is pod filter related. You guys running pod filters, do you have to add a support to the rear of your carbs when you eliminate the factory air box?
              I've never had a problem and I've run pods on my GS1100E since 1984.

Hap

Comment

if push comes to shove, you could wrap some electrical tape around the outside of the carb lip so that the 54s fit....

Comment

My '81 GS750EX takes 54mm, I would think an '80 would take the same.

Comment

great info... thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X