Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch adjustment

Hi,
    I tried a search and didn't find what I am looking for. I need to adjust the clutch on my 82 850. I don't have a book yet. Does anyone know how I should go about this? The clutch doesn't engage until the lever is almost all the way out. Only 13K on the bike. It does shift normally going down the road. Very tight and smooth. This is my first Suzuki after a few Hondas and I must say I am impressed with the features on this bike compared to my CB900. Thanks in advance for the help:-D

i wrote this the other day, but it might not apply to your bike;

on my GS450, there is a cover held by two screws on the crankcase and you can adjust the clutch in there. basically slack the cable all the way out on both ends and adjust the screw within the 10mm nut in until it JUST hits the plunger (you'll feel it) then another 1/4 turn. the rest of the slack can be adjusted via the cable at the crankcase. the manual you buy will tell you for sure, and it is extremely easy. and those on here better informed with your bike specifically can correct me if that is not right!

Comment

Am I allowed to do this?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Thanks Basscliff, I couldn't believe it could be that simple, but it was! Did the adjustment at the lever and everything is as it should be. Just came back from a ride and everything is great!!!\\/

Comment

sorry, bubba, my bike is COMPLETELY different! very glad to hear you got her adjusted properly!

BassCliff, please do that for the remainder of the manual. you can leave out the credit and copyright pages if you like

Comment

Mr. bubba,

Sometimes it is pretty easy! Happy to hear that everything is well adjusted now. \\/

Mr. catfishk,

Sorry, but I have no references for the GS450. I have a couple of references for the GS850G and I hope to collect a couple more. I plan to keep my "Jessie" for a loooong time. :-D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
            X