Peekaboo.... Case Cover Broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peekaboo.... Case Cover Broken

So... The DPO of my 550 decided to take it off roading. Im guessing in the midst of fury and fun... this happened...

So now I am faced with a problem.. DO I repair it with JB weld or.. replace it? Being that it holds oil.. I would like to replace it. Does anyone have one up for grabs? Rash is okay as long as its not broken.

Thanks

Vinny

That, my friend, is a perfect candidate for repair with a propane (or preferable MAPP gas) torch and a product called HTS-2000. When you get to the website be sure to check out the 5-minute video which demonstrates how it can be used to fix your problem! No need to replace it if you don't care about the rash, BUT if you have the tools and time you can probably smooth it all out pretty nicely after it's fixed.

Good Luck!

Comment

replace

Those are on EBay pretty regularly for $20-$40. Item #s 140126609253 or 4594148414 for example - niether to do with me, just examples.

By wet sanding with finer and finer grades of paper, then applying auto parts store metal polish, you can get a corroded one shined up eough to see your reflection. Takes a couple of hours.

Comment

Buy a newer one off ebay and never worry about it again
        1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

Working...
        X