Dyna coils vs stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna coils vs stock

I've got a 1981 GS1000G with stock coils. Would changing to Dynas make a noticable difference or should I just wait for the stock ones to die?

Thanks

If your stock coils are working properly you'll notice no difference with Dyna coils (other than your wallet being lighter!).

Comment

Wait for the stock coils to die. Dyna's will offer no improvement over working stock coils.

E.
      All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

When I installed my Accell Supercoils, I picked up an extra 20 hp...Then another 5hp more with the 8mm yellow wires...

You guys must be wiring them up backwards...

Comment

Sure... the dyna's must have made at least 90hp difference to mine. (Oh yeah, that's because it wouldn't run with the old one... )

Save your $$$

Dan
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I replaced with Dyna ignition, coils and HT wires and it was a difference like night and day. Coils were probably the least of the improvement, but I am sure they helped.

Comment

I noticed a bit more reliable starting and smoother idling, mainly because the stock wires were in terrible shape.

The coils themselves were fine, but the furshlugginger permanently attached wires (why, Suzuki, WHYYYY???) were toast.

Upgrading the wires also vastly improved reliability and running when wet, for obvious reasons.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
              X