fork bushings HELP!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fork bushings HELP!!!!!!

I have a 1980 GS1000G it is my only transportation and a fantastic machine, but the forks have allways sucked. I went out and got progressive springs and racetech emulators to improve their performance. Next removal and disassembly. I didn't notice any thing was wrong, until I removed the bolt from the bottom of the fork.(the one that secures the damper tube.) as I picked the fork up, and held it vertical the slider fell to the floor! The lip seal and circlip were still in it! Whoever serviced the forks last never put the bronze bushings back in. I called my local bike shop and he says you can nolonger get those bushings. Has anyone run across this problem/know where I can get these? Or have a servicable pair to sell? By the way I have the stock 37mm Kayaba forks.

What bushings?

There are none listed for your bike on the fiche I'm looking at.

On my '83 GS850G, the fork is a bit different, so there are bushings (listed as "slide metal" on the fiche) and they are still available. I have them in my garage awaiting installation.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

all 4 bushings are available through Suzuki, for only $80.00
      GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Which pair of bushings are you referring to? There is a pair at the bottom of each fork tube, and also a pair in the top of each 'slider'.

The fork bushings are definitely there in the upper fork slider of my 1980 GS1000S -- but they're not in the microfiche for some daft reason. So when I went to replace them, I took a gamble and went for the bushings off another GS (forget which one) which has the same diameter forks. They fitted perfectly.

Comment

Working...
        X