Heads up on the Chrome Cleaner!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up on the Chrome Cleaner!!!!

Just cleaned up the pipes on the bike yesterday with some of NAPA's finest Chrome Polish / Cleaner... and after a twenty minute ride around the lake, the F'n header pipes now all have an ugly tint of brown to them! Prior to that, the were as bright and shiny as new.....I'm pi$$ed, to say the least............................................. ..............

get some Blue Job header cleaner. It will remove it.

After cleaning, try using carnabura wax.
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Will do...

Thanks Bruce!

Comment

I have used Mothers mag polish works great and about $4.00 at wally world.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
          Will do...

Thanks Bruce!
          GEt some mothers chrome cleaner at wally world.I have used it for a couple of years and my chrome pipes and everthing else looks brand new.It also has a good smell to it! Just wipe it on,let it dry and wipe off. It's WOW shiney!!!

Comment

headers painted

The PO of my bike had spray painted the headers on the bike with silver spray paint. He told me that it is high temp spray paint. Does anyone know if there is a way to get this off and be able to polish the chrome underneath?

Thanks,
            Dirk

Comment

Well if he did what you should do to get the paint to stick, your chrome is most likely ruined... Or atleast require quite a bit of sanding/polishing to get it look nice again. Knowing the time and frustration of trying to polish up abused chrome, I'd say look for new pipes.

Comment

Get some paint remover
                test it on an inconpicuos area of chrome pipe
                then walk it ont he silver paint

dont sand it or even try and buff it off

Comment

Working...
                X