Best Wife Award!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Wife Award!

This isn't really a "technical" topic, but I gotta brag. My birthday just passed and what did the wife get me? A sweater? Yeah, right. Tie? Dream on. Tickets to a Cher concert? Where's my pistol.......

Nope. She got me a 1/2" drive Craftsman "clicker" torque wrench.

She remembered me mentioning I needed one a few months back and decided that's what she was going to get me. This is icing on the cake considering the past few gifts:

Christmas: Metric and Standard 3/8" deep sockets (Craftsman)
    Last birthday: Large two-drawer carry toolbox.

Before that, she bought me a bench grinder, right-angle grinder and a dual-action polisher. Turns out she follows me whenever I go into a tool section and takes note of the items I drool heavily on.

I may not have my bike running yet, I may not have a lot of money or a fancy house, but with a woman like this who wouldn't be happy?

Oh, she also wants a bike of her own so I can teach her how to ride and work on her own bike. Excuse me, I'm choking up......

You lucky dog..........
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
      Turns out she follows me whenever I go into a tool section and takes note of the items I drool heavily on.
      She has too, someone has to clean up all the slobber you leave on the tools :-D

Comment

Sweet. I hope you treat her good.

Comment

You are indeed fortunate. Please don't take her adolation for granted.
          A fellow rally competitor of mine once rewarded his doting wife with a set of new rally tyres, for his car, on her birthday.
          It's hard to find the perfect woman!!
          :) The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
          GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
          GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
          GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
          http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

You lucky ............

At least mine leaves me alone to get on with things and doesn't complain when I buy 'new' bikes or parts.

She does do most of the basics that a wife does so I shouldn't complain. She would be lost in a tool shop if I sent her out to get some bits. At least she will go into the suzuki dealer and pick up parts that I've ordered on her way to music.

Suzuki mad.

Comment

One in a million, to say the least. You must have done something right. \\/

Comment

You would have to share that award!

My wifie is the same and some. It seems like to her any personal day is an excuse to buy me something. The most recent is a rolling tool chest for fathers day. I'm not even anyones father.
                Xmas, birthdays, anniversaries, anything that even remotely resembles a reason to give a gift. That and sex any time I want it. WooHoo.
                It took me two tries before I got the right girl...but hey...3 times is the charm! We are truly lucky men! :grin:

Comment

Oh boy, I might have you all beat...

Our anniversary was June 8th. What did we do that night? She came to the dragstrip in Epping with the GS gang and wathced us dragrace.

Oh, and for a present, she bought me $600 worth of Teknic race leathers for my track day in July...
                  Currently bikeless
                  '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                  '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

My turn to BRAG!!!!!!!
                    I just made a 4100 mile round trip on my GS850L to CA and back to MN, with no complaints from my wife. She helps me with mechanical work (replacing the head gasket on the Cummins 5.9L engine in the motorhome presently), and she says she loves the "adventuresome" guy she married 32 years ago, even with the rough spots in the road, things have worked out. We did have a rough time adjusting to me being home all the time after 20 years in the Navy, but it's gotten better now.
                    I love my supportive, loving wife. She's the best!!!!!!!!:-D

Comment

i don't know where you guys find them! all i get is "i think it's hot you work on cars and bikes" rapidly degrading to "it's either me or your cars and bikes"! and so i sit in envy...

Comment

now its my turn to mope lol. u guys are lucky it seems the last couple of years my wife has been lacking holiday spirit. she just says that i am too hard to shop for and doesn't get me anything and then always complains about my "pos" bike.

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
                          This isn't really a "technical" topic, but I gotta brag. My birthday just passed and what did the wife get me? A sweater? Yeah, right. Tie? Dream on. Tickets to a Cher concert? Where's my pistol.......

Nope. She got me a 1/2" drive Craftsman "clicker" torque wrench.

She remembered me mentioning I needed one a few months back and decided that's what she was going to get me. This is icing on the cake considering the past few gifts:

Christmas: Metric and Standard 3/8" deep sockets (Craftsman)
                          Last birthday: Large two-drawer carry toolbox.

Before that, she bought me a bench grinder, right-angle grinder and a dual-action polisher. Turns out she follows me whenever I go into a tool section and takes note of the items I drool heavily on.

I may not have my bike running yet, I may not have a lot of money or a fancy house, but with a woman like this who wouldn't be happy?

Oh, she also wants a bike of her own so I can teach her how to ride and work on her own bike. Excuse me, I'm choking up......
                          Congrats man, treat her well.

Comment

Wow, I must be lucky too. My girlfriend (of 2 years) bought me saddlebags for my GS850L last christmas, and she's always asking if I'm going to work on my bike so she can get stuff done too. On top of it all, she also asks if I need any stuff for hunting (my passion) so she can get it for me as a gift. Man I'm a lucky dog!

Comment

The better half

Hi,

This is a very edifying thread! Peace and joy to all of you with good women in your lives. Honor and cherish them.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                              X