No announcement yet.

Best Wife Award!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife bragging time huh? My wife is the absolute best in the whole world.She helped me rebuild the topend of my gs 1000,she got burned and greasy and sore like i did,and the first time she heard it run after we got it together she was clapping her hands and high fiveing me saying We did it!
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

After 36 years with the same lady, we are quite comfortable together. She doesn't complain, only laughs when I bring a new bike home. She always asks if I need anything, to which I reply, "no honey I'm good" She purchased a nice set of leather riding pants for me over the internet, good thought, they didn't fit. So we went together to the local bike shop, tried on over pants, and when we found a pair that fit, she purchased them.

Now she doesn't get upset when I tell her that I will shop for stuff like that for I am hard to fit, picky I guess.

She provided me with 3 beautiful children, raised them practically by herself. I worked swing shift for years and years, and put up with all the extra guard weekends before I retired.

She is like an old favorite shoe a little worn but quite comfortable. She means the world to me, and I look forward to our next 36 years together.
      V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
        After 36 years with the same lady, we are quite comfortable together. She doesn't complain, only laughs when I bring a new bike home. She always asks if I need anything, to which I reply, "no honey I'm good" She purchased a nice set of leather riding pants for me over the internet, good thought, they didn't fit. So we went together to the local bike shop, tried on over pants, and when we found a pair that fit, she purchased them.

Now she doesn't get upset when I tell her that I will shop for stuff like that for I am hard to fit, picky I guess.

She provided me with 3 beautiful children, raised them practically by herself. I worked swing shift for years and years, and put up with all the extra guard weekends before I retired.

She is like an old favorite shoe a little worn but quite comfortable. She means the world to me, and I look forward to our next 36 years together.
        V
        now that is a sweet way to talk about your wife.I bet she is looking forward to the next 36 years too.
        future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

[quote=gustovh;651692]She purchased a nice set of leather riding pants for me over the internet, good thought, they didn't fit.

How it ussually goes lol

Comment

this is a great thread, and great stories.

the other day i got a "oh my god you put it back together! so can you go to the store for me and get me an onion..." this was after the "why'd you buy that thing and just take it apart?" i suppose i *should* get around to fixing the window regulator in her vw before she takes my work seriously!

i guess i probably shouldn't marry this girl, huh? haha

Comment

haha thats actually kind of funny. yeah you better get that fixed before she starts getting the you can fix yours but not mione speach lol

Comment

best wife award

Well all I know is that if your wifes let you have a few bikes and may even sit on the pillon seat for a ride you should count your lucky stars. Mine got me back into bikes after 20 years away from them, plus told me I sould go and buy me lastest bike, GS1000s and drove me to the airport at 4 am gave me five hundred bucks to spend. Plus help pay for the bike.:-D

Comment

When I met her, my wife had never been on a bike. It took me about a month to coax her onto the back of my Shadow, and after a couple of rides SHE was the one suggesting we go riding. Midnight runs on the long, straight stretches of Texas highway are our favorite, and she's IMpatiently waiting for me to get my GS750E on the road. Plus, I missed the ROT Rally again this year......I promised her I'd take her the next time I went after I had so much fun the first time.

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Lots of people with GREAT wives, very supportive IAW with all the Chrstian Bible directives. A supportve wife is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
                      Sweet. I hope you treat her good.
                      Yeah, we all do.

just kidding

You are a lucky man

Comment

i still haven't had my wife on my bike because she is scared lol oh well someday i will get her on the back of it

Comment

Working...
                        X