jet info, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jet info, help!

ok guys, i need some really technical info here. my 1980 750e. what are the stock jet sizes? i will be running pods, and my exhaust is open full length. from what the dynojet site says i would need the stage I/III. what sizes come with the jet kit? from reading some of the other threads here i have seen i should need around 7.5 bigger on the main and 2.5 bigger on the pilot. is that correct? all you guys with 750's and pods what are you running for jets? any info is greatly appreciated as i would like to get a good starting point for when i get the jets into it....

thanks guys

Your stock jet sizes
    Pilot jet 42.5
    Main jet 112.5
    Pilot air jet 170
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

hey thanks man! so with my setup i should start out at
      pilot 45
      main 120
      pilot air?

any of you guys with pods and aftermarket exhaust does this seem right?

thanks guys

Comment

Are you going with a Dynojet system?
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

yes, the stage 3

any other recommendations?

Comment

ok, i got the dynojet stage 3, for 107 to my door...

bought it from motorcycle accessory warehouse. not a bad price as all i have seen so far is around 120ish.... my local parts guy could get them in 3 to 4 days for 125... but you cant beat 107 to my door....

Comment

ok guys, i am really having a hard time with this bike now.
              i have the pods on, stock everything on the carbs. i cant get it to run at all... it should run with the pods on right? i know it will be way too lean but i need a starting point or else i am afraid i wont ever get it going when i get the jet kit on. i get spark to all of the cylinders. its kind of faint, but enough to get it popping off. i took all the fuel mix screws out, cleaned them and sprayed carb cleaner down the holes, they are all clear. i have tried every setting from all the way down to almost all the way out and it still wont start. i am really at a loss here... i took the carbs all the way apart and cleaned them, got new o rings and put them in, the air/fuel mix is wrong. but i dont know if its getting too much or too little fuel..... with the pods and exhaust i cant believe that it would be getting too much fuel. the only thing i can think of next would be to buy new plugs and see if that helps.... i am currently using the old ones.

im really at a loss... any suggestions are greatly appreciated.....

man i hate carbeuration.

Comment

ok, few questions here

the idle circuit is controlled by the air/fuel screw and the pilot jet?
                the pilot jet gets fuel through the main jets pickup?

i didnt take the pilot jets out cause i know they dont have o rings.... i think they may be clogged partially cause there is no good way to ensure you get them clean with compressed air and carb cleaner...

im going to go pull the carbs off, pull the jets out and make sure they are all CLEAR!!!!!

Comment

holy cow!!!!!!!!!!!!! shes alive!!!! i took the pilot jets out of all the carbs.... 3 were clogged.... i put it all back on and holy crap that thing screams! i havent rode it yet, but the throttle response is rediculous!!!! its way loud too.... but it sounds mean as hell!!!!

yes. all my hard work and money have paid off...

thanks to all of you for helping me out. i love this forum!!!

Comment

Sorry I didn't get back to you. I am a chef and have been working hard. I'm glad you got it sorted out. I also purchased my Dynojet from MAW online. Pretty decent company. I know the 750 has a different Dynojet package so what jets and notch position on the needle did you go with? You might be able to help someone else in the same boat as you in the future.

Comment

i havent gotten the kit yet, waiting for it to get here then i will have to play around with it..

anyone here have the stage 3 installed? what did you use?

Comment

wow. go easy until you get the jet kit. running an air cooled engine that lean is a great way to burn it up. watch your pipes, getting a little blue? The perfect (for power) air/fuel mixture burns super hot. the proper air/fuel mixture has a little additional fuel which evaporates (does not burn) and carries some heat away with it, keeping your engine from burning up.

Glad to hear you've got the pods on. i may give that a shot (still undecided).

Comment

Originally posted by jeddininja View Post
                          wow. go easy until you get the jet kit. running an air cooled engine that lean is a great way to burn it up. watch your pipes, getting a little blue? The perfect (for power) air/fuel mixture burns super hot. the proper air/fuel mixture has a little additional fuel which evaporates (does not burn) and carries some heat away with it, keeping your engine from burning up.

Glad to hear you've got the pods on. i may give that a shot (still undecided).
                          As my uncle told me being too rich is always better than being too lean whether it be in fuel or wallet or other things \\/

Comment

yea i dont ride it, just that once to see how its going... gotta get that jet kit in and tune it properly...

i see a 4-1 exhaust in my near future...

Comment

ok, stage 3 jets installed, and boy does it run good now!!! i installed it just how it said to and it runs great, i will get the vh pipe put on and get a new tach cable then do a little tuning and it will be perfect!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X