i need a procedure!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need a procedure!!!

i rebuilt my carbs, pod filters and full length open exhaust. the bike didnt run when i got it, bad ign box. the box has been replaced and i now have spark. the problem is, when you reassemble a bike, what do you do? just set the carbs at factory settings and boom! it just fires up? i cant get it to go at all.

so if you were starting from scratch how would you know what to do to get it running for the first time? man i am lost.

i have a jet kit on the way, i just dont want to slap it in guessing what settings to have in it and expect it to fire right up. i need it to at least idle so i can have somewhere to start from!

thanks guys.. any help is greatly appreciated and any stories about your own experiences would help a lot i am sure..

i feel like such a rookie!

the two cylinders that do fire seem to be fouling a little (blackened plugs) and the other two seem to just be a little wet? this would leave me to believe that the bike is getting too much fuel... but how is that possible if i just put on pods and open exhaust? you would think it would be getting too much air and not enough fuel....

when i spray carb cleaner into it, it fires off just for a sec.

Comment

i need a good complex drawing of the way our carbs work and what/how it all happens...... but i still dont know where to start!

Comment

you need a book http://www.amazon.com/Sportbike-Perf.../dp/0760302294
        GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

good news!!!! it works. i got it running!!!! sounds good too
          tomorrow i will test drive it and see what happens

Comment

Check out this page if you need help tuning the jetting:

CV Carb Tuning Procedures

Comment

Working...
            X