Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoot!! need a new pilot fuel screw, any available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoot!! need a new pilot fuel screw, any available?

Well I tracked down why I've been having a bugger of a time getting #3 cylinder on my '79 GS550 dialed in just right. The pilot fuel screw has a pronounced shoulder on it near the tip. It looks like it was overtightened by a PO. I never have been able to get that thing dialed in. 1/8 turn in and it was too lean, back out 1/8 and too rich, now I know why! The bright side is at least the tip wasn't broken off in the carb body. It doesn't look like these things are available as spares anymore. Anyone have one ? It's the pilot fuel screw on the bottom front of the vm carb. Anyone help a brother?

Is it listed here?

Comment

Originally posted by onchiman View Post
      Well I tracked down why I've been having a bugger of a time getting #3 cylinder on my '79 GS550 dialed in just right. The pilot fuel screw has a pronounced shoulder on it near the tip. It looks like it was overtightened by a PO. I never have been able to get that thing dialed in. 1/8 turn in and it was too lean, back out 1/8 and too rich, now I know why! The bright side is at least the tip wasn't broken off in the carb body. It doesn't look like these things are available as spares anymore. Anyone have one ? It's the pilot fuel screw on the bottom front of the vm carb. Anyone help a brother?
      You can still get them. Try www.motorcyclecarbs.com
      They don't show up on parts lists.
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Suzuki doesn't list them but I'll try http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/. Maybe they can hook me up. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

Other option is to buy one of the generic carb kits

Comment

I've looked at carb kits but none seem to include the pilot fuel screw. I've seen replacement pilot air screws, the ones that fit into the side of the carb next to thte bore but not the needle tipped screws that fit underneath the carb body.

Comment

I've looked at carb kits but none seem to include the pilot fuel screw. I've seen replacement pilot air screws, the ones that fit into the side of the carb next to thte bore but not the needle tipped screws that fit underneath the carb body.
              Get the carb kit for the 77-79 GS750. For some reason it has the pilot screws in it. The kits for the 1000 and 550(same carb) do not.
              Last edited by renobruce; 06-15-2007, 10:33 AM.
              85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Thanks, I did see the kit for the 750. I just rebuilt the carbs (new o-rings) so am reluctant to shell out $25 bucks for one pilot fuel screw. I think I'll try to re-shape the tip somehow. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Thanks, I did see the kit for the 750. I just rebuilt the carbs (new o-rings) so am reluctant to shell out $25 bucks for one pilot fuel screw. I think I'll try to re-shape the tip somehow. Thanks for the info.
                  Read this:

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Working...
                  X