Gs 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 750

:roll: Can someone out there help identify this bike?

1. 4-stroke twin mufflers, chain driven
    2. GS750 - 74462 on the engine block
    3. Little radiator-like contraption under the tank, and between the front forks and the frame
    4. DGM32575S - 8 GS 550 8 (the 8s are actually square shaped) on the right muffler
    5. GS750/GS850 DGM 317735 on a smaller tank (under the seat) connected to the carburators
    6. 316126 on the ignition
    7. twin brake discs up front, one on the back tyre
    8. front tyre 19x1.85 DOT, back tyre 18x2.15

I need help to id this bike so I can start fixing it - the frame and other body parts are rusted but the engine turns over just fine. Some identical bikes were described in other web sites (S750 - naked) but these are air cooled.

Would really appreciate any help from out there

Sounds like you got a mix of parts on an older 750. Is it chain or shaft drive? Look through the Gallery for something like yours.

Comment

Posting a picture would make it easier

Comment

With a kick start motor it has to be 79 or older, 1980 up suzuki decided we did not need a kick start lever. They never made a GS750 shaftie

Comment

OOPS! :-) Suzukid did make a gs750 shafty. It was not exported to the U.S. It may have been exported elsewhere.

Earl

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1
          With a kick start motor it has to be 79 or older, 1980 up suzuki decided we did not need a kick start lever. They never made a GS750 shaftie
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Try sending a private message to axel on this site. He has a book with VIN numbers and may be able to look it up for you. He told me that Suzuki stopped using the GS750-74462 style VIN number in 1980. In 1981 they went to a new system. That makes me think that it is a 1980 or earlier GS750. For the GS850, the serial numbers started in 1980 with GS850-700015. The 700015 number could have been the starting number for all their bikes. This could make your bike a 1980 GS750. Try looking on the Gallery section of this site at 1980 bikes and see if they look the same.

The small radiator thing could be an oil cooler. Does it have anything written on it, like maybe Lockhart? Also, there should be a tag on the front forks behind the headlight that has all the info you need on it.

Good luck.

Terry

Comment

Working...
            X