please help

was wondering excactly what colour they should be my GS1000s slide carb
    At the time they are a grey white colour. had it run on a dyno about a
    month ago dyno show it running to week it wont run over 7500rpm so
    raised needles a notch check plugs black, needle set 2 from bottom. put
    it back to 3 from bottom .
    I have now changed main jet from 112 to a 115 at prescent time the carbs
    are fitted with K&N oval filters. the carbs prob needing balancing I now
    THe coils Dyno with Taylor leads with NGk plugs Irridiums fitted.

Usually "tan" is said to be the ideal color. A quick google search will turn up any number of handy pictorial spark plug color guides.

Comment

Spark plug colour

thanks for that what I will do is try a set of 117.5s and hope that will do
      the trick .

Comment

Try a 120 jet with the K&N filters

Comment

jets

HI
          thanks for that I reckon a 120 jet would be spot on M8
          I put in a117.5 it just started to turn to a tan colour.

Comment

Don't forget that you test at full throttle to check the mains, 1/3 throttle for the jet needles, and minimal throttle for the pilot circuit.
            Sounds like you're close with the mains.
            The stock jet needle e-clip position is position 3. If you leave the needles there, you'll be lean for sure. The K&N's will require at least the 4th position (second from the bottom), possibly richer. If the bottom position is tried and it's too rich, you can use a .022" washer/spacer which = a 1/2 position change. Placing the spacer directly on top the e-clip in the bottom position will = "4 1/2". Be sure the two factory plastic jet needle spacers are installed in factory order. Thicker on top the clip and any jetting spacer, thinner below the clip. Personally, I would guess you would need the 1 1/2 position change for K&N pods only/stock exhaust combo.
            For the pilot circuit, try simple richer pilot fuel screw (underneath) adjustment. Probably an additional 1/2 turn out will work. Set side air screws using the highest rpm method.
            With the pods, you must remove the two floatbowl vent lines to avoid fuel starvation in many conditions. Leave the ports open.
            Don't forget, you must re-bench synch the VM slides every time you change/disturb the jet needles. Then you must check valve clearances and ignition timing before you vacuum synch to get accurate plug/performance reads. Then you're ready to test.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

NGK plugs

A very happy Gs1000s owner A freind of mine found a reiable guy to sort
              out my carbs to run with V&H pipe & K&Ns the differance is unbeliverble.
              the problem is trying to find someone who is willing & able to do it prop
              hear in good old Norfolk England.

Comment

Working...
              X