Both inside plug's were black&wet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both inside plug's were black&wet

Hello,I just bought an 1982 GS650L in very nice shape with 6500miles.I decieded to change plugs,both of the inside plug's were very dark and wet,while the two outer plugs were just a tad bit rusty looking.Anyone have any thought on this,any help would be greatly appreciated.Labow

Are the two inside cylinders firing? If they are, did you "read" the plugs after the bike sat at an idle?

PS...your going to love that bike, once we get it running right!!! A near twin to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Labow View Post
      Hello,I just bought an 1982 GS650L in very nice shape with 6500miles.I decieded to change plugs,both of the inside plug's were very dark and wet,while the two outer plugs were just a tad bit rusty looking.Anyone have any thought on this,any help would be greatly appreciated.Labow
      You don't metion how much the bike has been ridden recently. Until you have driven it far enough to get it fully warmed up and the choke fully off the plugs won't tell you anything. Does it start and idle OK? From what you say about the plugs it sounds like it developed a problem and was parked.

Comment

Lablow,

Welcome to GSR.

Hey another 650.

Lots of folks here willing to help, and most of them fairly knowlodgeable to actaully help har har

You didnt say if it was running or not, or how well it was running.

WHere are you located?
        http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
        Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

Try a new set of gapped plugs and then see if the outer two are black and wet. If so one of the coils isn't firing.
          One coil fires 1&4 and the other fires 2&3.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
          X