Who's Out There...need Help Fast!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's Out There...need Help Fast!!!

Pulled up to the shop doors last night, grabbed the clutch and 'POP', the clutch cable broke!!! Have a great friend of mine, who's celebrating his birthday...on his own island...next weekend, and I'm supposed to ride up there with several others, to join in, on the festivities. I've called all around looking for the cable (Minneapolis, metro area) and no one has it in sock! Can't wait for the "should be in, in less than a week" BS...who knows where I can get one QUICK!!!!!!
    1983 GS650L "yeah...keep the hater comments to yourselves", I need a new cable. Anyone...Bueler...Ferris Bueler...anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Dave

Z1 Enterprises?

Jeff would get you one out on a next day delivery if he has on in stock I'm sure.....
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

you might try Z1 http://www.z1enterprises.com/default.aspx they ship really fast. whether they have the cable you need or not I don't know.
      I do know guys have ordered stuff on Wed. and been riding Fri. Give them a call they might even overnight the part to you.

Comment

Great minds think alike

Comment

If you have an aftermarket parts shop - like http://www.cyclegear.com, just bring in your busted cable and compare with what they have in stock. You should be able to find one from another Suzuki that should work, even if its a couple of inches longer.

I do this all the time if I have a training bike that pops a clutch cable over the weekend...

-Q!

Comment

Thanks guys...I'm on it!!!!! Think, by general concsensus, I'll try Z1 first! By the way Q...NICE ride! Thanks MONK...hope it all works out, Want to give a few of those HD "want-to-be's, a RUN fo their money! Done it already and the Suzie "will not back down"! Hey, I'm just along for the ride!

Comment

Some old school motorcycle shops can fabricate you one (they have the end pieces and cut the cable for length) May be more expensive but you can still make your ride. If you find one have them make it a sturdier diameter cable.

Comment

Geez. Get one from Dennis Kirk. Right in our back yard. You'll have it in one day. I looked online. They have more than 10 in stock. 14.95

Comment

Don't get one, get two.

Comment

Originally posted by relic-rider View Post
                    Geez. Get one from Dennis Kirk. Right in our back yard. You'll have it in one day. I looked online. They have more than 10 in stock. 14.95
                    Yo Dan...Thanks for the "heads up", Z1 does not even list one for my bike! Bike Bandit say "most items shipped in 3-5 days" Won't work! Dennis...hope you can cover my ar$e! I'll check him out...It'll be the first weekend in over a year, without the "wife and kids", don't get me wrong...LOVE THEM TO DEATH? Doesn't sound correct, but you know what I mean!!!

Thanks Dan!

Dave.

Comment

Wow...Denniskirk.com is a great site and easy to use! Now...if they stick to their word, I'll be back on the road before this wekend! Keeping fingers crossed!

Dave

Comment

Yeah, if you order before 8 PM they ship the same day. It is always UPS and it has always come in one day for me. I you are real desperate you can even drive to Rush City and pick it up at their Will Call desk. I've done that many times. They are like Z1, they stock what they sell. Actually I have a rush order coming from Z1 tomorrow. Some valve shims for my 1000. I need them before the weekend. Jeff is real good out there also. I get Priority mail shipments in 2 days.

Comment

Are you in Canada or the States?
                          If you are in Canada, any motorcycle dealer can get you one overnight from thibault, if you wnat to pay the freight. In the states, you can get one from many places online overnight as well.

Comment

It never fails......

Alrighty then...the package from Dennis Kirk shows up today! Open her up and what do I see..............A BRAND NEW...........pair of riding goggles! Nope, that won't fix the bike! Hmmmmmm, did I somehow screw up the order? Well, let's take a closer look here. Mrs. Rebecca Correll...who the he!! are you, and where is my cable? Turns out, that after calling the customer help line, (and they were GREAT) the drooler in the back room puts my cable in her box (alright guys...keep it clean) and no pun intended there either, and sends it off to Minersville USA, where ever that is, and sends me her order. They will have another cable shipped today, thanks. Oh well...at least I won't be tempted to ride and leave the window install project on hold this weekend.

Here's hoping to a trip to the island next week! (sigh.............)

Comment

Bummer Dave!
                              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                              X