Bolt kits ?? such a thing ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolt kits ?? such a thing ??

are there "Bolt Kit's" available for GS Bikes ?...Like i mean for the WHOLE BIKe...... total replacement.....or would I have to find parts numbers through MicroFisce ??

The only bolt kits I know of are for the engine only.

Hap

Comment

Re: Bolt kits ?? such a thing ??

I bought my engine replacement (allen bolts) bolt kits from

I've bought a lot of parts from this shop and these people are
      AA+ to deal with.

Earl

[quote="RCRobb"]are there "Bolt Kit's" available for GS Bikes ?...Like i mean for the WHOLE BIKe...... total replacement.....or would I have to find parts numbers through MicroFisce ??[/
      quote]
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

RCRobb - if you have the fiche for the bike you want bolts for, it will list the bolt size and length either next to the part number or as part of the part number. For example - a case screw with the part number: 02112-06408 would be a 6mm diameter 40mm length bolt. I think the last 8 refers to the strength grade of the bolt (grade "8" ) but I could be wrong. The fiches I have checked for this numbering method are mostly two stroke T and GT series bikes but they used it on the fiche for my GS1000 too. A source for crankcase bolts would be www.mandp.com in England. They sell allen head bolt kits for the crankcase in either anodized aluminum or stainless steel. The stainless set for my GS1000 (part number 529252 @ ?8.00 for the kit) was reasonably priced and is nice quality. Two cautions - the bolt kits are NOT in their online catalog so you will have to call them and they charge a shipping and handling minimum of ?20 to the USA so you'll want to get several kits or other parts for your bike at the same time. There is another company in the UK named Inox (http://www.inoxfasteners.co.uk/) that listed low prices for crankcase kits in stainless but when I asked them to send me a quote for three bikes, the total was ?99 which was a lot different than the Brit magazine ad prices I had seen for ?8.99 to ?10.99 per kit! For a USA supplier you could always check Manhattan Supply (www.mscdirect.com) or McMaster-Carr (www.mcmaster.com). They carry a decent amount of stainless and grade 8 alloy steel allen head bolts but you might not be able to get some of the longer bolts Suzuki uses.....

Comment

You could try these folks too, www.tastynuts.com (they really do sell nuts and bolts).
          But again it's mostly for replacement of engine bolts.
          For the others I agree with Diamondj, think you're going to have to search the local hardware/auto store for the sizes/strengths you need or a lot of these are probably still available from Suzuki. I know the engine cover bolts are.
          I'm not fond of the allen head for the engine covers, like the original better so thats what I'll be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamondj
            ...if you have the fiche for the bike you want bolts for, it will list the bolt size and length either next to the part number or as part of the part number. For example - a case screw with the part number: 02112-06408 would be a 6mm diameter 40mm length bolt. I think the last 8 refers to the strength grade of the bolt (grade "8" ) but I could be wrong. The fiches I have checked for this numbering method are mostly two stroke T and GT series bikes but they used it on the fiche for my GS1000 too.
            I never realized that..ya learn something everyday! Cool!

Hap

Comment

Originally posted by Hap Call
              ...if you have the fiche for the bike you want bolts for, it will list the bolt size and length either next to the part number or as part of the part number. For example - a case screw with the part number: 02112-06408 would be a 6mm diameter 40mm length bolt. I think the last 8 refers to the strength grade of the bolt (grade "8" ) but I could be wrong. The fiches I have checked for this numbering method are mostly two stroke T and GT series bikes but they used it on the fiche for my GS1000 too.

Hap
              Ditto. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by sloepoke
                Originally posted by Hap Call

Hap
                Ditto. Thanks for the info.
                What about the thread pitch?

Comment

Working...
                X