Kill switch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill switch question

OK, noticed the other day the kill switch didn't work. Took the right hand control switch apart and found the po had taken the 2 wires going to the switch and twisted them together, slapped some tape on it and called it good. No surprise considering what I've found so far.
    Here's the question. I soldered the 2 wires back to the switch and in the off position the bike won't start. Flip the switch to on and the bike starts right up. Flip the switch to off while the bike is running and nothing happens, the bike continues to run. WTH I say and reverse the wires. No change.
    Anybody deal with this before?
    Thanks,

Bad switch or the PO had fun with the wiring also.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

OH the po had fun with the wiring. I just keep digging through it and cleaning it up. I afraid that once I track this down and fix it I'll find the real problem and have to figure it out. For now I soldered and put heat shrink on the 2 wires.
      Wasn't there a recent thread about the 2 meanings for po?
      Thanks,

Comment

Just think. Only three things break the circuit from the solenoid. Ignition switch, clutch safety switch and the kill switch.
        Do you have a manual with a wiring diagram. That has helped me through more than a few jams.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Kill switch??

I don't know if my 'kill switch' works or not.....I've never checked!8-[
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
            I don't know if my 'kill switch' works or not.....I've never checked!8-[
            Have a defibrillator ready!

Comment

Working...
            X