GS1150 Spark Plug and Gap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 Spark Plug and Gap?

I've recently purchased an '84 GS1150EF and I'm doing some repairs/maintenance on it. I've ordered a manual for the bike, but in the meantime can anyone tell me what the correct plug and gap is for this machine? My search resulted in info for the GS1000 and recommendation of a B(R)8ES @ 28 thou. Would mine be the same? It had a DR8ES-L in it, but I'd like to be sure. Love the site, btw. Any info is appreciated.

The correct spark plug is an NGK D9EA. Plug gap should be set to 28 thousandths.

Earl

Originally posted by jlgace View Post
    I've recently purchased an '84 GS1150EF and I'm doing some repairs/maintenance on it. I've ordered a manual for the bike, but in the meantime can anyone tell me what the correct plug and gap is for this machine? My search resulted in info for the GS1000 and recommendation of a B(R)8ES @ 28 thou. Would mine be the same? It had a DR8ES-L in it, but I'd like to be sure. Love the site, btw. Any info is appreciated.
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks for your quick response Earl.

Comment

You could also use:-

Nippon denso X27ES-U/X27ESR-U or NGK DR8ES and [DR8EA(DR8ES-L) for hotter engines]

UK plug gap .6-.7mm

Suzuki mad.

Comment

Thanks. The local parts store didn't have the EA's so I did grab the ES-L's anyway so I'm glad you confirmed this.

Comment

Working...
          X