Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get regular 1/4" wide hose clamps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get regular 1/4" wide hose clamps?

I just need a hose clamp like this:

It has to be 1/4" wide to fit into the grooves over the airbox and intake boots, one of those came with my bike and the other 3 were those crappy OEM ones with phillips screws, they're all nearly stripped now.

I've tried pretty much everyone in town, Lowes, Carquest, Schucks, and all they have are the 1/2" wide ones. The local Suzuki dealer didn't have any. I tried calling Home Depot but the person I talked to was useless, they're a bit far away from me.

Any ideas where to try? I'd prefer to get them from a B&M store to avoid shipping charges.

Try a hose supply store in your area. They'll have all sorts of hose clamps that the big guys don't carry.

Comment

Forget the big box stores and go to any local hardware store.

Comment

Well I found one hose supply store in town but it was already closed. In case they don't have any, whats a good website to order some from?

Comment

Fastener Specialties provides high performance fasteners and parts to sprint cars, midgets, quarter midgets, micros, modifieds, late models, and everything in between!

Dont know any thing about them. Just something I ran accross.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

These Guys http://www1.mscdirect.com/cgi/nnsrhm
            or These Guys http://www.mcmaster.com/

or These Guys http://www.fastenal.com/web/home.ex;...ljGr5XDqQLvpAe
            sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
            2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

You could just order new OEM clamps from your favorite Suzuki parts source. They're less than $3 each.

Personally, I wouldn't fart around with substitutes for long. However, I have been known to use a large plastic zip tie in many situations when no one's looking.
              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Get the OEM clamps they are designed to be tightened without over tighting the rubber boots

Comment

Working...
                X