HELP bike lacks power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP bike lacks power

Hello gang... I am so happy to have found this site.

I am rebuilding a 1984 GS750E, the fire is perfect, job valve is done, carbs are rebuilded, the bikes starts with no chooke. It revs real good on neutral the problem is when on the road and I ask for power the bike chookes and almost dyes, if I give gas slowly it will take it.

Anyone has suggestions ?

Thanks

Two statements you've made point to a too-rich situation:
    1. The bike starts with no choke - A properly set up carb will typically need choke to start from cold (choke richens the stone-cold bike). The fact that it doesn't points to a rich carb to begin with.
    2. If you roll on throttle too quickly the bike bogs - This is most commonly caused by a too-lean bike, but can also be caused by a too-rich bike.

Did you look at the plugs? Are they black? If yes, you've found the problem. Now, solving it won't necessarily be easy. Do a search here - tons of posts about possible causes of overly rich bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Thehotbeast View Post
      Hello gang... I am so happy to have found this site.

I am rebuilding a 1984 GS750E, the fire is perfect, job valve is done, carbs are rebuilded, the bikes starts with no chooke. It revs real good on neutral the problem is when on the road and I ask for power the bike chookes and almost dyes, if I give gas slowly it will take it.

Anyone has suggestions ?

Thanks
      Have the carbs been synched? If so...you're running lean or rich in the midrange.
      Check for air leaks at the airbox (filter in) intake tubes and intake rubbers at the head. Also if you have the 8 valve head with the o-rings on the intake ports on the head...you'll need to replace them. Do a search, tons of info on this topic.

Welcome to the fourm...

Comment

Thanks for your helps guys... I balanced the carbs, also checked the coils and the sparks all was fine so if you have fuel and fire and there is still no sings of ignition well the last thing that is left are the valves.

Did a valve adjustment and it did the trick... runs like a kitty and roars like a tiger at full power...

I'm having lots of fun with this project... basically the bike is now 100% complete mechanically, next step will be esthetics...

Comment

Working...
        X