Lost License Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost License Plate

I found that my license plate was missing yesterday. I don't know if it fell off or was stolen, but here is my question.

What are dependable methods of attaching the license plate to the bracket? I'm considering pop rivets instead of the bolt/lock washer/nut combination.

Any thoughts?

Self locking nuts

I use the self locking nuts...the ones with the plastic inside them. Never had a problem. Kinda hard to take off actually.

Comment

Worked at a Honda dealer in the '80s that pop-riveted the dealer "licence applied for" (dealership name on the bottom) plates on all the bikes sold there. Saw some of them still on some bikes here 10 years after the place had closed, they would use the bottom two holes to bolt they're plate onto it.
      Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

It's unlikely that both bolts fell out without you knowing it. Mine have stayed totally tight for 2 years now without a thought.

More likely someone stole the plate.

They stole my stick on validation sticker once as once there are more than two or three on the plate it's easy to get off. Still cost me $10 to replace the sticker.

So now I don't let them pile up.

Comment

After you have stuck the "decal" to your license plate, cross hatch it with a razor blade. No one will be able to remove it because it will only come off in quarter inch squares. LOL

E.

[quote=twistedwankel

They stole my stick on validation sticker once as once there are more than two or three on the plate it's easy to get off. Still cost me $10 to replace the sticker.

So now I don't let them pile up.[/quote]
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
          X