No announcement yet.

Wiring Master Needed!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, now you know that the bike is worth fixing. I'm thinking it's the starter, myself. Once you get a chance to test it you'll know for sure.

I'm getting tired of all this rain in Texas myself. It's been going nonstop here for nearly two months. I just got a whole box of parts for the bike and haven't been able to put a single one on. Apartments suck.

Oh, and if the starter does test okay, don't get frustrated. You've eliminated 90% of the possibilities. And a wire is a lot cheaper to replace than a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
      Well, now you know that the bike is worth fixing. I'm thinking it's the starter, myself. Once you get a chance to test it you'll know for sure.

I'm getting tired of all this rain in Texas myself. It's been going nonstop here for nearly two months. I just got a whole box of parts for the bike and haven't been able to put a single one on. Apartments suck.

Oh, and if the starter does test okay, don't get frustrated. You've eliminated 90% of the possibilities. And a wire is a lot cheaper to replace than a starter.
      Thanks TXIRONHEAD...unfortunately, El Paso really needs the rain...we havn't gotten a quarter of what you all have been getting!!!

\\/went out this morning, pulled the starter out and hooked it up to my battery. Got nothing, nada, zippo, zilch!! Never thought I would be happy to find a bad starter!! Now, all I have to do is come up with the $$$ to by a new starter!!! Don't think I want to mess around with the rebuilds anymore!!!

Ok, maybe I won't sell the bike.....did someone say Cafe Racer??? Hmm..think the BSA would get jealous???

Oh Lord, please let a bad starter be the problem, pleeeeeaaaassseee!!![-o<[-o<[-o<

Comment

www.stockers.com

Cheapest I've found for starters.

Comment

Wiring Master No Longer Needed!! WOO HOO!!

Originally posted by txironhead View Post

I DID IT!!! SHE'S RUNNING AND BACK FROM THE DEAD!!! WOO HOO \\/\\/

It was a bad ground. The starter is fine and so is everything else...well, except for the battery, it died again. I was able to use a friends "jump starter box thing" to get her started. She sounds sweet!!!

Just gotta let the battery charge over night and i'm ready to go.....well, if the rain let's up that is!!! wouldn't it figure, bike is running now and it is raining like cats and dogs in the desert!!!!:roll:

Thanks again to everyone who has helped me out with this project!!! I greatly appreciate all your patience and information!!!!

Comment

Congratulations! I've peeped on this thread periodically for a while and I've been awaiting the solution with great anticipation. A bad ground...amazing.

Glad you've got the issue resolved. Enjoy the riding (once the cats and dogs stop comin' down).

Comment

So where was the bad ground?

Don't be too upset about the rain. I just did a day-and-a-half trip to Mississippi and back and it poured on me for most of the trip there and half the way back. I'm ready to kill the weatherman. "Clear skies, slight chance of scattered showers" my a@@. 1,034 miles to pick up a stupid helicopter part for my brother. Next time they can UPS it.

Comment

As embarassed as i am to tell you, here it goes...the bad ground was a ground wire that I had hooked up to the solenoid. In my defense, prior to taking things apart, I had taken pictures of everything with my digital camera so I would know how things went back together correctly. It was running before...so...I had no idea that it had been originally installed incorrectly by the PO. I took the wire and hooked it up the the ground on the battery and now all is well. \\/

Looking back, I am thinking that this one little ground wire may have been what caused all the wiring issues to begin with. I had had the bike since last October and know that it had been hooked up like that since then. Also, the bike had that issue with the constant current going through it since then as well. :shock:

so...once I fixed all the wiring problems...this one showed up.....

Can you believe it, all that headache over one small, black wire???

Comment

For headaches they make aspirin, my question is did you learn to read a wiring diagram out of all of this, if so then it's worth it.
                  De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by rustybronco View Post
                    For headaches they make aspirin, my question is did you learn to read a wiring diagram out of all of this, if so then it's worth it.
                    Not only did I learn to read a wiring diagram and have it make sense to me, but I learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of. I am no long afraid of carbs and not so intimidated by wiring. Carbs i could probably do in my sleep now, and as for wiring, well, i may still get some gray hair, but that is what hair color is for!!!:-D

Comment

Working...
                    X