Horn Button Start Button / Same ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horn Button Start Button / Same ?

Yes I guess they are. My start button busted and fell out so I swapped it with the horn button. Now I can start but all the springs and stuff in the left switch assy (turn sigs & high / low beam switch) has got me stumped on how it goes back in there. Any one got a picture of that thing taken appart ?
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Yep

I think that's been discussed so a search might show up something useful. In the absence of that, you might check out one of the many sites that show the various parts and numbers. It's really pretty simple so if you study the parts, I think you'll get it figured out without much problem. Good luck!8-[
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Wow! I sure hope it works out for you, but don't be surprised if the next time you press the button for the horn your bike goes, "ReReReReReRe!" -- By the way, how many "beeps" does it take to turn over your bike now? :shock:;-)

Comment

Thanks Steve, I knew I could count on you. :-D

Chucky, I did the search and found this: "It is a trip getting it all back together, there are no exploded diagrams of the inside of that switch so it took some head scratching to figure out how it all went back together when parts started flying apart when I dissassembled it. Trying to find the springs on my floor was no easy task as they are only fractions of an inch long."

I did manage to get a new button ordered and reassemble the switch, minus one spring. I have no idea where it goes. Every thing works except the auto cancel. The ststement above is spot on. Theres like 5 tiny springs and a ball and everything goes flying when you take it appart. Ill take a picture when the new button shows up and maybe Ill figure out where that last spring goes. If your start button fails I suggest push starting and leave the signal/hi/low switch alone.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Waaaahhhh

Sorry to hear it's so complicated. I was thinking it was probably like mine....which is simple because I don't have 'auto cancel'. I'm sure you'll get it figured out. Good luck!:-D
          1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Working...
          X