• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is the puller 4 the gs1150e

Comment

Removing GS1000 Rotor (Starter Clutch)

AHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

I finally found the bolt I needed to remove the rotor. Mine happens to be a M16 x 1.5mm. It worked pretty easily once I was able to locate the correct size. I had to go to an industrial supply company to find the one I needed. The bolt that actually holds the rotor on is a M14 x 1.5mm.

Thanks 82 but the one I needed is a little different. I did find the puller but it was $49.99 plus shipping which would have brought it to about $60.

Thanks for all the help guys.

For future searches:

Model: 1979 GS1000L.

Problem: Starter runs but does not engage the starter clutch. (or) How to remove the rotor without a puller.

NOTE: On mine, there was a M14 bolt securing the rotor on the crank. Once I removed this, I saw there was also a little larger set of threads sort of in front of the M14 bolt hole. I measured the pitch as 1.5 and the diameter was M16.

To remove the rotor:
      1) Remove the M14 bolt securing the rotor on the crank.
      2) Clean the outer threads with a pick to remove any Loctite.
      3) Thread the M16 x 1.5 bolt, mine was 80mm long, into the outer threads of the rotor.
      4) Slowly run the bolt all the way into the hole until it stops to ensure the threads are clean to the end.
      5) Back the bolt out to where it is just started on the threads.
      6) Using an impact gun, run the bolt in until it stops. Do this three or four times and the rotor should pop off.

Comment

Working...
      X