Best bike wax????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
    lemon Pledge is the only thing I have used on my bikes in the last 25 years. Removes bugs from the windshield with no muss no fuss.
    V
    Me too. That's all I've used in 21 years of GS riding, going back to my Guzzi days. Cleaning the windshield is a snap with this stuff.

I clean the whole bike with it, when I clean the whole bike. Otherwise, the bike gets ridden, not cleaned.

Comment

I use ear wax.

Comment

Meguiar's products are one of the best. I have used there products for years, both at home and professionally. You will be very pleased with the ease of use and beautiful long lasting shine.

Looking good, and have fun riding.\\/

Tony

Comment

Fuel proof paint and finishes.

Guys! I think I may have discovered the answer to my origina question about fuel proof paint. If you want to protect your custom rattle can paint job against the inevitible fuel spill with out the hassle of messing with several coats of two part clear coats.....this may be the answer.
          First.......I believe I may have found the ultimate fuel proof paint. I just happened across this one day when I was searching the hardware stores for a good rattle can paint for my bike. It's called Plasti Kote All Purpose Epoxy Paint. It only comes in black and white and is basically made to be used as an appliance paint. Color was no problem since I was painting my bike black anyway. This is the most incredible paint I have ever used. This paint right out of the can has the most incredibly deep shine you can imagine. I was lucky enough to paint my front fender with this stuff without getting one single dust speck in it. It has a shine you can jump into and hard and smooth as glass. Its epoxy and takes two full weeks to cure. Other parts did get some dust specks and I found you can wet sand this stuff for hours without hardly making a dent in this stuff. I made a sample test, let it cure for about a month, gave it the spilt gas test and gas did not even touch this. I just let it air dry without touching the fuel wet surface. After air drying I could polish the area with a cloth and you could see no signs of a spill at all.
          Secondly.......a fuel proof finish. I also did a paint test using a paint that does react to fuel. I coated it with two coats of McGuires NXT and tried the fuelt test again. Spilling the fuel, letting it air dry without touching the wet fuel surface and again polishing the area after the fuel dried. Again no sign of a fuel spill. And by the way this NXT is incredibly awesome stuff. I creates a shine that is incredible. I think it must be the special polymers in it that must help make it fuel proof. Possibly an acrylic polymer.
          I'm going with my rattley can epoxy paint and nuts to six coats of clear coats. Maybe we can get together and convince Plasti Kote to make this stuff in various colors other than just black and white.
          GS750Guy

Comment

Me, too!

Originally posted by zuzu View Post
            Meguiar's products are one of the best. I have used there products for years, both at home and professionally. You will be very pleased with the ease of use and beautiful long lasting shine.

Looking good, and have fun riding.\\/

Tony
            Yeah, I'm also impressed with their stuff. I've asked a number of the classic car buffs what they prefer for the neat old cars they love so dearly and Meguiar's seems to enjoy a very fine reputation.\\/
            1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

[quote=chuckycheese;671825]I started using Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax. It's a synthetic polymer wax and is incredible! I was given a few samples at a classic car show and was amazed at how easy it was to apply and how nice it made my bike look. Also, it seems to stay on much longer than any other wax I've tried.

This is the stuff I decided go with because it was advertised as being resistant to fuel which was my main concern since I did not clear coat my new paint job. Well last Saturday it got the test. Up to then I had been successful in not getting one single drop of fuel outside the tank. I was in the process of filling up and I thought ...one more bump on the nozle lever won't hurt...and the next thing I knew I had just baptized the entire top of the tank in fuel. I stood there in shock just waiting for the paint to begin wrinkling and bubbling and to my surprise I saw the fuel quickly disipate and in seconds was gone with almost no sign the fuel had spilled. At the most it had very slightly dulled the wax polish but was still almost not even noticable. When I got back home after my ride I quickly slapped on another coat of Tech Wax and it buffed back to its original shine. Chuckcheese is correct. This stuff is INCREDIBLE!
              GS750GUY.

Comment

Working...
              X