Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pingle me :). Which one to get?

What's up everyone,

I've tried rebuilding my oem petcock but still leaks. From reading on here it seems that a pingle style system is the way to go. I have found sources for them but there are so many and the ones designated for my model don't seem to be the same size units. Will I need to re drill for this unit or are they basically just a "plug and play" type of unit.

Any help would be great and thanks in advance.

1979 GS850GN

Eric

The very first part that I replaced on my bike was the petcock. No rebuilding or cleaning or extensive contemplation about how to save the orignal unit. Just ordered the new OEM unit, mounted it, replaced the tank and "voila!". No leaks and fuel delivery is just as it s/b.

Comment

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I just installed a Pingel valve on my GS1000. I got from Z1 enterprizes who are great to deal with. I wish that all aftermarket stuff fit and worked this well!!!

Comment

Pingel

I replaced my OEM petcock some time back (after going thru two rebuild kits) with a Pingel a little modification was required I used a rat tail file and enlarged the opening in order for the petcock to fit up inside the tank.
          Very well stistied with this unit.

Comment

Working...
          X