No announcement yet.

RPM at Speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH MY GOD!!!! i took her to 8k and almost **** myself. this thing roars ass. i was in 4th gear and it was like instant 70mph. holy **** i had no idea...

i just fell in love with the bike all over again....

Comment

Whip it like a rented mule! They like it! :-D
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

RPM at Speed?

Now ya got it.

I was just like you running my bike the way I ran my mini-pickup between 2500-3000.

Definately a noob mistake it took me me a couple of months to realize it though as I was fouling out my plugs and thinking I had nasty engine issues.

As I am more of a casual rider, well most of the time anyhow, my bike likes to cruise above 4k around town on on the curves. On the Straight away though she loves to kick me in the ass and it is hard to keep her contained. She really loves it over 5k.

But for heavens sake and your own, above all be safe. Remember the other guy in the 4-wheeled cage doesn't even see us when we run slow let alone we are cutting loose having fun. Things come at you really fast at 80mph and up not too mention are harder to stop .

Comment

have no fear, i plan on being safe as i can... i dont want to be kissin bumpers any time... ever.

now that i know she can take it, i will be running her over 5k more often, i really like the way she sounds up there.... screamin!!!

she also runs so sweet for me after i do it to her....
          she does seem to be running a little rich in the bottom end...

Comment

Ya cant keep a stallion trotting,ya gotta let him run man!!!When ya hit 5k you can almost feel that bike smiling!!!!

Comment

man u guys need to stop i am jealous now and want my bike going today. the little bit of time i have gotten to ride it i haven't been able to do anything with it :-(

Comment

that gs only lost by .3 secs wow

Comment

Originally posted by justmount1 View Post
                  Watch again. I didn't loose, I won. And that was a highly modified VRod.\\/
                  85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                  79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

man that is fast too if i could only get my bike running that good by the way i love the purple flake! sweet ride
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-30-2007, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by justmount1 View Post
                      You better watch that video again. :shock:

The GS was in the right lane.

The right lane won.

Times were 9.43 and 9.47 er 6. Yeah, 9.46

The difference was not .3, it was .03.

The almost 30 year-old GS beat Harley's newest and bestest. \\/

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

man i love this bike

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
                          man i love this bike
                          You now have GS syndrome! Welcome to the club,LOL!!!

Comment

now i am looking at a gs1000 project for my dad, this guy has 2 rolling frames with titles and 3 engines.... plus boxes of parts..

he wants 600. im gonna go look at it all and see if its worth it.. if it is im gonna buy the stuff and build a 1000 for my dad.

he needs a bike bad and i wouldnt mind the project.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS750 View Post
                              now i am looking at a gs1000 project for my dad, this guy has 2 rolling frames with titles and 3 engines.... plus boxes of parts..

he wants 600. im gonna go look at it all and see if its worth it.. if it is im gonna buy the stuff and build a 1000 for my dad.

he needs a bike bad and i wouldnt mind the project.
                              Judging by what you did to your 750, your dad is a lucky fella.

If you can get two of those 1000s running, would one fit in your 750 frame ??

Like father like son. \\/

Just a thought.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X