1980 450 Turn Signals Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 450 Turn Signals Not Working

The turn signals on my 1980 450 stopped working over last winter. They worked fine when I put the bike down and this spring they don't work at all. I checked the fuse under the left side cover and it looks fine. Anyone know what I should check? Horn and high/low headlight works fine...could it be on the stalk? I haven't checked the bulbs because I can't imagine all four blew at once but just in case I will check that and post the results. Thanks to anyone that can assist.

you really need to get in there with a test light and start poking around. i'd check the switch first, if the bike went down on that side's handlebar

the relay might be stuck open, as well. you can gently pull the cover off it and see if the contacts are bocked somehow, but i doubt it

most of the connections are in the headlight bucket. you can run through the wiring in there and make sure everything is clean

Comment

O.K., I will check those. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks

"Turns out" (chuckle) it was the flasher. The clip slot on the back that holds it in place had long broken off and the flasher was lying loose above the battery, and eventually filled up with water (because I had the bike uncovered outside, and it rained a lot). I bought a 12V, two-prong flasher at AutoVantage for cars, trucks and trailers for 2-fitty and it works like a charm.

Comment

Working...
        X