Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1100EZ Fairing

Hello all,
    Because I have a new to me 82 GS1100EZ, I would like to know where you (some that have them) got the fairings that appear to be a stock item on your bikes.
    My other bike is a Gold Wing so I kind of got spoiled by the massive amout of tupperware that blocks the wind. My son is not to happy about this so my other question is how easy is it to remove & replace from rider to rider?
    Thanks for all your input.
    Ernie

Not exactly stock items, or even stock-appearing, but we use the PlexiFairing III from National Cycle.

They have fairings of different sizes and shapes, but the PlexiFairing III provides almost as good protection (from the knees up) as my Wing with a Tulsa Windshield. \\/ You can also get extra hardware sets to mount to additional bikes so you can move the shield easily from one bike to another.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

No Fairing

Ernie, I have the same bike and research tells me that these bikes came with no factory windshields. So whatever you can find that fits and you like is in order. I'm checking into a Rifle fairing. Their site is at Rifle.com

It's not the destination but the journey...

Comment

I've owned at least one square "E" at all times since 1980. Presently have 3 in the collection. That said RES-Q-U is right about there never was a factory fairing for the rectangular GS that I knew about. A lot of dealers sold a real good looking quarter fairing that was color matched from a company called Laminar industries. It came with it's own rectangular headlight, and had screens in 3 different heights. Presently I have two that I'm hording. As far as I'm concerned this is the only fairing that looks right on a 80-81 GS. If your interested I'll dig one out and post a picture for you.
        I checked and Laminar is still in business, but doesn't list this fairing anymore. But who's to say that they don't have a couple in a warehouse gathering dust. All you got to do is ask...

Comment

Working...
        X