Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS850G ignition question?

Got a few questions.....

1. I only have fire on 2 of the 4 cylinders.. I have checked the ignition pulse (trigger) to the coil... One coil has a trigger pulse the other does not.. (So would this be a problem with the ignitor?)

2. If I was to replace the ignition system, what system do you rec. for this bike. Also if I replace it, does the electronic ignitions systems such as the Dyna S mean you don't have to have the ignitor box anymore?

3. Just a little more info.... If I do replace the ignition system, I would like rec. on what brand of stuff to use and where all of you guys/gals purchase things like this... Im also going to replace the coils and wires once I figure out this ignition thing.....

Thanks for any help you can give me on this....
    Last edited by Guest; 07-03-2007, 07:57 AM.

Anybody?
    [-o<

Comment

Help!

C'mon everybody.. I really need everyones help on this...

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Call here, you will get all the information you need. Ask for Jeff ext. 111

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

I replaced my ignition with a Dyna S, but I had points ignition and your situation is a little different. You will need a mechanical advance unit in order to run the Dyna S.

If you go that route, you should also put in the new coils that go with it from my point of view.

Comment

Curious.......

Does using the Dyna S do away with the ignitor box altogether???

Any more help anybody can give would be greatly appreciated....

Comment

Working...
          X