Brake bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake bolt

I was wondering if someone could tell me the bolt size for the rear brake bracket. Its the two bolts that hold the caliaper in place on the '82 GS650G. I need to know the specific dimensions so I can go to the hardware store and pick up a couple. Thanks, Chris.

I recommend pulling one of them and bringing it with you to the store to match it up. I needed one myself and did just that. Unfortunatly they didn't have an exact match, so I settled for one that takes a different size socket. I think it's still in stock, so I'm going to get a replacement at the dealer's eventually. Also, check out Maine Cycle Salvage's warehouse in Auburn. They'll probably have just what you need there from a parts bike.

Chris, I live in Portland. We should hook up for a ride sometime, maybe get one of the other locals to join us.

Comment

Thanks, problem is I don't have any. lol I guess my main gs650 will have to donate a part to its brother. A ride would be a good idea. I will be busy this week and weekend, but the following weeks are open.

Comment

Do you have front caliper bolts? I'd try one of them for fit, you might be supprised.

Suzuki mad

Comment

Should be 8mm with a 1.25 thread pitch and about 30mm long if they are like models a few years later.

Comment

Got them at advanced auto. Same size and bolt head size (14mm).

Comment

Working...
            X