Honda cm200t start drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda cm200t start drive

I have this little scoot that starts perfectly when it is cold. I drive it for a while and the start drive doesn't grab the crank. If i let it cool down for a long time it will usually engage.
    My haynes doesnt show the engage mechanism. I asume it is typical of the type used on motorcycles that rotates free when the engins spins in one direction but when the starter turns the drive gear a bearing setup locks against the crank to start the motor.

I changed the oil today hoping that it was something silly'dirty. No difference. I know that the folks that I gave the bike to last year never did anything to it.

Does anyone have a blowup of this bikes mechanusm. I looked on bike bandit and no luck.

Any help out there??????:-D

I'm tearing into the same model for a friend in a couple of weeks. I think he blew his R/R. Kept blowing fuses. I'll probably have the crankcase cover off and I'll let you know the setup if it's not too late. Plus I'll probably be asking you questions.:-D
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
      I'm tearing into the same model for a friend in a couple of weeks. I think he blew his R/R. Kept blowing fuses. I'll probably have the crankcase cover off and I'll let you know the setup if it's not too late. Plus I'll probably be asking you questions.:-D
      mine is a 1981. I will dig into it tomorrow but i have the wiring if you need it. Ill scan if you want. Let me know.

Comment

This one is an 80.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
        X