Need Help Gs1100gk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Gs1100gk

WELL i HAVE A 83 GS1100GK IT RUNS GREAT IF YOU CUP YOUR HAND OVER THE CARBS,BUT DOES NOT RUN WITH CHOKE ON. i GOT THE BIKE FOR FREE AND GOT IT RUNNING BUT THIS HAS ME PUZZLED. ANY IDEALS WOULD BE APPRE. PHILLIP

Free bike!!!! Those are the best.

I always say my favorite beer is the kind I buy, and the free kind.

Try puting an air box on it. Or atleast what ever filters you had on it before you started working on it. Its probably jetted to run that way. Not without any filter at all.

Comment

Like he said, the GS will lean out big time without the filter assy in place. and check the carb boots, also. :twisted:

Comment

I had the same problem with my 1980 1100e and as soon as I got an airbox and put it on it ran fine. If you do not have an airbox than you will have to find one or purchace individual air filters and rejet your carbs.

Greg

Comment

I agree, you need to try it with an airbox/filter. My GK didn't run right with out them. Having the air filter off didn't matter on many other bikes I have had but the GK seems to be very sensitive to this.

Comment

to air box replys

I put the air box on it and it diddn't help. But I doubled a t shirt over the carbs and it ran fine. I have cleaned the carbs and the tank. The bike does not spit sputter or backfire. I am going to try some B12 carb cleaner today in the fuel to see if there is something blocking the fuel, I gues I will clamp a Tshirt to the carbs to make it run right. (It runs like a new one when the air flow is restricted) Thanks for your help I might need more later. Mr. Phil :?

Comment

Mr Phil.

Did you just put the air box on? You will need the air filter to create the restriction that the bike is beging for. I would use the original foam type. Any mods to the filter like a K&N filter will have the bike running rough again.

Comment

K&N makes a direct relacement for the factory foam element. I put one on my GS1100GK and it runs fine. Without any element in place it bogs down severely when accelerating.

Comment

Working...
                X