choke lever relocation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choke lever relocation?

I put drag bars on my 1982 GS750e, and the choke lever (which is under the left hand switches) bumps the tank at full lock left. Seeing as it will have new paint soon, I would like to move the lever, or replace it altogether. is there a way to make it so I can just pull the bar on the carb rack? Its spring loaded, so is there a way to dampen it? or can I just remove the spring entirely?

thanks

Nate

My '81 GS750E has the choke (pull-knob type) mounted on the triple tree, through the stem nut. You may look into retrofitting yours to a similar setup.

Edit: I was just thinking, (it hurt), you could probably take a pull-type setup like mine, cut the cable short and re-bend the end, mount a bracket somewhere hidden (like under the tank) and have a totally trick setup.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-04-2007, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
      My '81 GS750E has the choke (pull-knob type) mounted on the triple tree, through the stem nut. You may look into retrofitting yours to a similar setup.

Edit: I was just thinking, (it hurt), you could probably take a pull-type setup like mine, cut the cable short and re-bend the end, mount a bracket somewhere hidden (like under the tank) and have a totally trick setup.
      thats what I was hoping to hear! I would love to just have it on the side of the carb rack, I just dint know how to rig it. I will take a look at a pull type cable I have laying around, and see what I can do with it...

Thanks!

Comment

Nate,
        Any room on top of the bar?

I have the 1000 with the push/pull mounted on top of the triple tree, as
        in on top of the center of the handlebar.
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Working...
        X