Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 gs550t carb = 82 gs550 kat carb?

HI
    I was wondering if a 1982 GS 550 Katana 550 Jet Kit Stg 3 would work with my 81 gs550t. I just compared the carb spec between the 2 bike in my factory repair manual and everything is the exact same, engine wise and the carbs are the same if I go with the Canadian set up on the 82 kat (they just changed the by pass, the pilot air jet, and the jet needle to make it us emissions compliant) will a 82 kat jet kit work with my bike. I believe it will, any comments are very welcome and if I?m right this will make part buy for me and others easier in the future at least for performance stuff
    Thanks,
    Ryan.

78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Re: 81 gs550t carb = 82 gs550 kat carb?

Originally posted by first timer
    HI
    I was wondering if a 1982 GS 550 Katana 550 Jet Kit Stg 3 would work with my 81 gs550t. I just compared the carb spec between the 2 bike in my factory repair manual and everything is the exact same, engine wise and the carbs are the same if I go with the Canadian set up on the 82 kat (they just changed the by pass, the pilot air jet, and the jet needle to make it us emissions compliant) will a 82 kat jet kit work with my bike. I believe it will, any comments are very welcome and if I’m right this will make part buy for me and others easier in the future at least for performance stuff
    Thanks,
    Ryan.

https://secure.oc-net.com/ecomm/kn/jf2.cfm
    It is my understanding that the 550 Kat was just a cosmetic upgrade and not a performance upgrade...I can't swear to that. I believe the jet kit would work.

Hap

Comment

i would agree with you from what i could find in the factory manual. It?s just they have more parts for the 82 gs550 then the 81 gs 550

ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

The Suzuki GS550 lived in the shadow of the Kawasaki GPz550...not a lot of performance stuff out there for it.

Hap

Comment

Working...
        X