X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs100g Fork seal Change

Hi.

Could anyone please help me....

I have just removed my fork seals which were leaking and seized in, when i got them out they were in a right state.

my new seals are flat on one surface and tapered on the other,could someone please tell me which way they go in i.e tapered surface facing up or down.

Cheers BillyGS.

Not sure I understand, but the flat side goes down into the lower leg and rests against the seat in the lower fork leg. The raised tapered side goes up and acts as a wiper on the actual fork tube.

Comment

To clarify, are you talking about part#14?
      Mark Fisher
      sigpic

Comment

Cheers Chiphead.

I'll be changing them now.

Cheers BillyGS.

Comment

You should be able to tell how they go on by looking at the ones you remove. They come off easiest if you dismantle the entire fork.

Since I didn't have the special tool for the job, nor the ability to manufacture one, I cut a hardwood broom handle in half and mounted it in my vise. I then inverted the empty fork over the broom handle and hit it a few times on the end with my rubber mallet. This way you can secure one side of the connection with the broom handle and use an allen wrench to remove the bolt. Otherwise it just spins. While you're doing this you should replace the springs with new ones. I used Progressive for mine. I also put new shocks on the rear. Big difference all around.

Good luck.

Comment

Just use a 5/8 spark plug socket upside down & a Long extension as a holding tool

Comment

Working...
            X