Where Do these hoses go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Do these hoses go?

I have just recently started restoring a 1981 GS850, its just starting to run, but I have two hoses disconnected that I cant seem to find where they go, I'm Using a Clymer service and repair manual for the bike and cant seem to find them in it.

There is a hose on the fuel tank sending unit, that I am unsure where it goes, and a hose underneath on the bottom of the air cleaning/filter box.

I have scoured the service manual to find where they go, but have come up empty handed, if anyone has any information on these, it would be greatly appreciated!

As far as I know both of those are overflow/drain hoses and they should just be routed to where they won't drip on anything (except the ground).

-Ben

Comment

I agree that the hose from the fuel sending unit/gauge is probably just an overflow...it is on my bike.

The hose on the air box, however, I'm not so sure. Reason being that the engine "breather" hose on my bike runs to the air box. Something to consider until you receive an expert answer.

Comment

The hose on the top of the air box goes to the valve cover as a breather. But the one on the bottom is just a drain for, say, when one of your floats sticks and gas comes pouring into the airbox.

Comment

Okay, I had wondered about them, and suspected that they were overflows, thats a bit of a burden off my back now!

thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X